Location: Double Tree - Missoula - Edgewater, 100 Madison Street
Title: Transparency and Compliance under the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021: What Fully-Insured and Self-Insured Employer Health Plans Need to Know
Description: Many employers are unaware of the significant shifts brought about by the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021, which empowers them to ensure value from healthcare providers and vendors but also imposes substantial liability on the employer. This panel discussion will cover key aspects such as eliminating gag clauses pertaining to price and quality details, transparently disclosing compensation to brokers and consultants, ensuring mental health parity, and establishing reporting mechanisms for pharmacy benefits and drug expenses. Attendees will gain valuable insights to navigate these crucial compliance requirements effectively.
- CAA Compliance Mastery Understand and apply transparency rules from CAA 2021 to employer healthcare plans.
- Strategic Health Plan Compliance
- Develop tactics for CAA compliance in self-insured and fully-insured health plans.
- Effective Stakeholder Communication
- Learn to discuss compliance effectively with brokers, consultants, vendors, and TPAs.
- Data-Driven Cost Management
- Utilize claims data for informed decision-making on healthcare costs.
Erica R. Grinde, J.D., is currently the Chief People & Risk Officer for Missoula County. She holds a J.D. from the University of Montana School of Law and a B.A. in Economics from Concordia College. In previous roles with the County, she served as the Director of Risk Management and Benefits and Civil Deputy County Attorney.
Robert Farmer, MBA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP is a University of Montana graduate and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. Mr. Farmer also holds a MBA with a Human Resource Management emphasis and is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources. He is a nationally recognized trainer, and has developed award winning programs. He has worked for Clearwater Credit Union for 24 years and has many years of leadership and supervision experience. Mr. Farmer is currently the Senior Vice President of People Solutions and oversees the Credit Union’s human capital and organizational culture.